Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Week 13 Part 1

To be honest, a lot of the local barbershops don't advertise much. I'm not sure if that's because they are already well established and don't need to advertise or if they just don't have the money for it. However, there are a few that I tend to see when I'm on Facebook.

Lately, Sports Clips is all over my feed and it's really annoying. It's probably annoying because they are one of my competitors. I have also seen commercials, heard their advertisements on the radio and seen ads in local coupon books. Sports Clips being already highly established, I wonder if all of this advertising is due to their declining clientele?

Now, Google and Yelp are where I see the majority of barbershops advertising. But, they are the same few shops every week that are running ads. One of them in particular is American Deluxe. My husband used to work there before opening our shop and he knows the owner. The owner wants to monopolize the area with his several shops so he always has an ad up. I don't believe money for advertising is a concern for him. I must say though, he is doing a great job at it.

I feel that old time advertising and new time advertising have had about the same outcome. I mean I don't know this for a fact, it's just my guess. Back in the day everyone relied on newspapers and commercials for advertising. Nowadays people stare at their phones all day. I just don't think new or old times is better than one another, I just think it's the new way of advertising. I must say though running an ad on Facebook is probably way easier and faster than running an ad in the paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment