Thursday, October 17, 2019

Week 8 Part 2

I would have to agree with the saying that "some businesses work best when they have visual support". Some of those business would be: barbering, hair coloring, nails, lawn care, artwork, the list could go on. How else would people trust that you know what you're doing with people's hair or nails? Picture's are a perfect way! I mean, if you had a restaurant you could certainly take a picture of the food, but a picture wont tell you how it tastes and that's what important.

In my profession, which is barbering, visual media totally works for us. Like I said above, pictures are a way for people to see that you really do know how to cut hair. Let's examine a few other barbering business and see if they even use pictures to their advantage.

Short Cuts Barbershop-Oceanside

Yeah, they rarely post anything on Instagram. Which really sucks for them because they have 1,596 followers! That's a ton of people to be showing off your work to. If it were me I wouldn't let that opportunity pass me by. As far as hashtags go, they use some, not a ton, but some. Again, if it were me, I'd use more. I don't know, their Instagram didn't wow me at all.

The Gentlemen's Den-Oceanside

Now this barbershop knows how to use Instagram to their benefit. They post almost every day and their posts are interesting! They have 1,664 followers and all of these followers are seeing great photos that are not just pictures of people's cuts. This I could definitely improve on for my own barbershop's Instagram. But in my opinion they also don't have a very good hashtag game. They only use a few.

Oceanside Fades-Oceanside

Now these guys have 1,209 followers who are not seeing any posts from them. Come on guys! I wish I had that many followers! These guys have so much potential but they're just not using this great platform to show off any of their work. And like the other's, their hashtags suck!

American Deluxe Barbershop-Oceanside, Encinitas

This shop really knows how to use Instagram to their advantage. They always have interesting posts and to be honest I use a lot of their same hashtags. Actually, let me get real honest up in here, I learned everything that I know from this shop. They currently have 1,116 followers and I only see that number rising. Way to go American Deluxe!

No comments:

Post a Comment