Sunday, October 27, 2019

Week 10 Part 1

Adding human interests to ones business social media can really do a lot for a company in my opinion. First, I'd have to say that it really gives that business page a genuine feeling. Like what I mean is, that the page is being ran by an actual person and not a computer. The one posting all these things actually has feeling and cares.

Also, when you add human interest it may really set yourself apart from the "other guys". Your followers may engaged more with your content if you're posting more than just the norm. Maybe your competition doesn't do anything special like that, maybe their page is just flat out boring.

And I'm going to be completely honest here, I never thought of going over and beyond about posting extra stuff on my business pages, but now I am going to make that extra step. We'll see how it works out I suppose.

4 comments:

  1. I am curious to hear about how posting some extra stuff goes and to see what you post. I think posting regularly is important, but having some variation with the type of content can stop and grab people's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that posts that show human interest can really set you apart from the competition. We all need to feel a connection and get the "warm fuzzies" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that adding a personal touch will set you apart from the other companies in the same industry. It's especially nice to know that there's a person behind the screen and not auto-replies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a little strange how much this has changed in the past 10 years. Companies went from being very robotic and cold to functioning more like personal social media accounts. One of the best ones is the Wendys twitter feed, they really have some fun with that.

    ReplyDelete