Monday, September 23, 2019

Week 5 Part 2

The company that I am using for this class is Clipper Junkies Barbershop. My husband and I opened this barbershop on August 16th, of this year (2019). To be successful we need to understand who our target market is and I think I have a pretty good idea of who it is.

My target market is of course males of almost any age, who keeps up with their hair being cut on a regular basis. And I say any age because no matter your age, males will always need a haircut. I have seen fathers bring in their 4 year old boys every two weeks for haircuts, and I also seen men in their older years who cannot stand their hair to be longer than usual. So in my particular line of business, age really isn't a factor when it comes to targeting your market.

An ideal customer for my barbershop would be a marine from Camp Pendleton. Why a Marine you ask? Well, when you're a Marine you need a fresh haircut by the time you report for duty every Monday morning. That means that is a guaranteed $15 per week customer. Now imagine if every Sunday I was booked with Marines. I have 18 appointment slots available for that day and if you multiply those together, you'll get $270. That $270 is also not including tip. 

I would also like to mention that a lot of Marines don't get their hair cut on Sunday because of how crowded it is, so they go on Saturday instead. So this is another opportunity to fill up my Saturday's at the shop also. If I could fill Saturday's and Sunday's with Marines I think we'd be off to a great start. 

Now that we know who our target market is, we really need to focus on attracting those types of clients into our shop. As of this moment I am still learning how to accomplish this. But I do know that word of mouth is the bar far, the number one best way to market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment