Sunday, December 8, 2019

Week 16 Part 1

Wow, what a semester this has been. It feels like it has been the longest semester thus far and I am so excited for it to be over, I need a little break. With that said, this has been a great semester. Especially in this class. I have learned quite a few things that are really help out Clipper Junkies.

So far, my favorite tools to use for marketing the shop are Facebook and Google. I will always be a huge fan of Facebook. There are just so many positive things Facebook has to offer for advertising and so many people are on Facebook. I also really like Google. Without Google people would have directions to my shop and most probably wouldn't even know it's there. And analytics are just amazing. Now I am able to really hone in on my target market. To be honest, I still do not care for twitter. I really don't see it being useful for my business. Plus, I didn't really find any tools for advertising my business. I probably wont be using Twitter at all. In fact, after this class ends I'll more than likely delete the account.

Continuing forward, I will be using Facebook (including the local groups I'm in), Instagram, Google and Yelp for the advertising of Clipper Junkies. All of these tools have already proven to do wonders for me and why wouldn't I use all tools available to me? Facebook is just all around great and running ads with them is super affordable for me. Instagram is a must. Most young people use Instagram and it's a great tool to show off my barber's work to them. Google is also  a must, that way people will always be able to find the shop's location. Running ads with them is pretty affordable also. Yelp, well although Yelp is very expensive to run ads with, Yelp is a must because lots of people use Yelp to look up locations and reviews. 

When it comes to how much time I believe should be spent on advertising through social media, I'd say as much as possible. When you own a business you want to make sure you stay relevant to everyone. Spending more time on social media for Clipper Junkies is something that I definitely need to work on. Perhaps I will be able to focus more on the shop once this semester is over.

In closing, I'm just going to share a little bit about how and when I advertise. As of now I run a Google ad Wednesday-Sunday. I don't run any ads Monday or Tuesday because 1., we're not even open those days and 2., I feel like people aren't really even thinking about haircuts on those days. Plus not advertising on those two days saves me a little bit of money. When I run my Google ads, I usually run Facebook ads also. I also plan on running some sort of special every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for new clients. Probably our $10 special. It seems to do well. I will also be dropping off printed $5 off coupons to local business. And as always, we offer our buy 3 cuts, get 1 free. So again, if any of you need an amazing barber please visit Clipper Junkies at 3772 Mission Ave #124 Suite 111 in Oceanside. You won't be disappointed. We are open Friday, Saturday & Sunday 9-6 and Monday-Thursday we take appointments starting at 7:30 pm. Hope to see you all there and thanks for a great semester.


2 comments:

  1. You've done a great job with your ads and stories on Instagram and it sounds like you've figured out what works best for your business. I almost took my son to your place last weekend, but then I used Google Maps (you're right, you need to be on Google!) and saw how far away it was so we didn't end up going, but you were top of mind because of your instagram offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel the same way as you, Facebook is just miles beyond that of other SM services when it comes to actual marketing applications. If only they could do a little better job re-engaging the youth and combating this stigma that Facebook is for "old people" they would have total dominance over Social Media. Owning Instagram certainly helps though. I might have to come check you out though I havent needed a clipper cut in a long time, shoulder length hair.

    ReplyDelete