Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Week 12 Part 1

When you own a business you need to utilize every tool that you can get your hands on. But those tools also need to make sense for your business. Owning a barbershop, there are many tools for me to choose from, but with trial and error I have narrowed it down to the ones most useful for the welfare of my shop. Besides Facebook, Instagram and my website I also use Yelp and Google.

Yelp

First, I must say that Yelp has a lot of flaws. I have many reviews that Yelp chooses not to use for whatever reason. I know that they try to weed out the suspicious ones to give every business a fair shot, but I can honestly say that every single one of my reviews is legit and I did NOT ask anyone to write one. So that's a total bummer for my business. But with that said, I guess I am thankful for Yelp's caution. Yelp is also a great tool for my business because people can actually read all of awesome reviews and feel secure when they come in for a cut. Plus, most everyone uses Yelp for one reason or another.

Google and Google Maps

These two tools are perhaps the most important to me. Everyone uses Google., from reviews to directions. When surveying my clients and where they heard about us, I get tons of "I found you on Google". Google is a total win for me. It is an all around great tool and I feel as if I owe a lot of my business to Google searches. Google will automatically gives you the nearest things that you are looking for and that is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment