Friday, September 6, 2019

Week 3 Part 1

I know that I am a day late in posting for my blog, but I must say that it's a good thing I waited until today to post. If I would have posted yesterday, then I wouldn't really wouldn't have had much to say. But, today was literally the worst day EVER that I have had in communicating with a business.

So as many of you know, I have recently opened up a barber shop here in beautiful Oceanside, and when doing this I have had to complete a lot of steps to be able to get my business up and running on social media sites. Tonight, as I still try and get over my frustration, I am specifically going to talk about Google and their terrible customer service.

When you open a business, you want everyone to be able to find your location, phone number and information about your business, right? So how do you do this? You go to Google for businesses and list your business and all its information so that it will show up in people's google searches. But first, before it can go live on Google's site, you have to wait for a postcard to be mailed to the physical business, which holds the secret ingredient to make your business go live on google search. A magical number is on this postcard and it is used to verify your business. Let me just say, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS STUPID POSTCARD FOR NEARLY A MONTH. Read on to hear my horrible experience with google.

Finally fed up with waiting (they say it should take only 5 days to arrive and I have been waiting since August 16th), I decided to call them and see what the heck is going on. Oh but wait, you can't call, there's no number to call for your specific problem, but you can send a direct message and they will get back to you. So I did just that and I must say I literally received a call back withing like 30 seconds, so that was fantastic. So after explaining my problem to them a few times because they didn't seem to fully understand English, there was nothing that they could do for me at that moment, I have to wait for an email from a supervisor that will take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours, but the supervisors were only available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. It was 4:49pm and I was furious. Like what the heck? This is Google!!! A huge company!!! And you're closing 11 minutes early!!! And you're only available Monday-Friday? I'm really confused as to how google thinks that this is good business.

So now that you've heard my little rant, I'd definitely have to say that I have had a terrible experience with communicating with a business through social media. I mean this is the closest I've come to communicating with a business through social media.

If this were my business, first, I'd make sure that I didn't close early when I was scheduled to be open. Second, if my company was huge like Google is, I would always make sure that we were staffed 24/7 for technical issues such as the one I am experiencing.

Cross your fingers for me ya'll, I really need either that email or that stupid postcard.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, I am sorry to hear your terrible experience with Google. I totally agree with you that a huge company like Google should have better customer relationship and technical support after 5 pm too. Maybe they feel too comfortable with being the main market holder. I also had experience with calling customer services and on the other side of the line people did not speak proper English. I am always surprised with that. I would think that the person who need to talk on the phone all the time with clients should be somebody who is fluent in English. I hope your postcard arrives very soon and you can put this miserable story behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this, it is so frustrating when companies take forever to get back to you or answer a simple question and you are left waiting in the dark. I actually technically work for Google and I can say that I have many issues with them as a whole, so you are definitely right in feeling frustrated with them for this situation!

    ReplyDelete